Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Eggs, day two.

(This morning, I've got Ashlee Simpson, Mary J. Blige and Carrie Underwood on the ipod as I cook.)

I eat eggs often.  I tend to think I have an insulin resistant problem, so I try to keep sugary foods at bay.  Doesn't always work, but I try.  Also, as I said yesterday, I attempt to eat all produce first, before I resort to foods that can last longer in the pantry.  So veggies and fruits are the first things I reach for, when they're in the fridge.

This morning, I'm going to have fried eggs over asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes.  First, I load up my veggie steamer with asparagus.  My steamer has been through the mill.  The timer doesn't work, I lost the lid, the bowl is cracked and missing handles, and the only way to turn it off is to unplug it.  But it still serves its purpose.....


 Next, I put a teaspoon of oil and one small pat of butter (for flavor) in the frying pan and throw the mushrooms in.  Salt and pepper.  I cook these down until there's enough room to toss my eggs in there, too.


Then, once there's enough room to fry two eggs, I add another couple drops of oil, then crack the eggs in there.  Salt, pepper, garlic herb seasoning.


I flip them when the egg white's translucency is gone, then today I added a few thick slices of tomato.  Salt, pepper, sprinkle of parmesan cheese.  I only add tomatoes at the last minute, because I hate when tomato skin is cooked too long.  Then about a minute later, I get 'em all out of there and plated it up.


Then, to finish if off, I shred a few slices of pecorino/romano overtop with the veggie peeler.  Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting! Comments are monitored.