Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What exactly is the point?

This isn't one of those fancy-schmancy foodie blogs, like recipegirl.com, smittenkitchen.com, the pioneer woman, etc etc.  I'm not a professional chef or anything.  I just like to cook, and offer meal suggestions.

Which brings me to one of the questions I was emailed:  NO, I'm not a vegetarian.  I am currently in Phase One of the Dr. Ian Smith FAT SMASH diet.  And as you can see, I cheat.  Only hurting myself.  lol.

Question number two:   I don't always cook dinner.  We always have a hot dinner, but many times, it's leftovers.  I tend to cook big breakfasts, medium lunches, and smaller dinners, because it's a healthier way to eat.  In this house, it hardly matters, because we never all sit down together and eat, as hard as we try.

So, business aside, let me get to this morning's menu.

Because I still have boatloads of veggies, I made a spinach and mushroom omelette today, with a side of radish/turnip/onion homefries.

The spinach was probably headed for the garbage.  It was getting brown and it was really stemmy and stringy, which I hate.  Maybe I should have just tossed it, but instead I wilted it down for an omelette.

Amazing how this:


Can wilt down to this:

Seems contradictory to the laws of physics or something.   So, I just sauteed these in a teaspoon of oil for about 15 minutes, then I added 2 eggs/3 egg whites mixture.  This was intended for two eaters, by the way.  So I split it in half and shave some cheese on there, fold it over, and done.


'Nother breakfast done.   'Nother set of dishes to tackle. 



After breakfast, I'm gonna check out last night's GLEE on Hulu.com.  See ya later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting! Comments are monitored.