Thursday, June 10, 2010

Roasted roots and a mockery

So this morning I was a bad girl.  For lunch, I grilled zucchini and slathered it with a little tomato paste concoction that I made for something else a couple days ago.  Tomato paste, a little stevia, salt, pepper, and some spices, I forget.  It was good.  (forgot to take a picture of post-paste zukes....)



Tonight's dinner, notsomuch.

I tried a new recipe called "Mock Cornbread".  It was made with cannellini beans, baking powder, 4 eggs.  Sure wish I saved my eggs for something worthwhile.  It was flat and a little mushy.  Just.  Weird.  Won't be making it again.


I also roasted a bunch of root vegetables, like rutabaga, turnips, onions, chickpeas, carrots, some olive oil and white wine.  Seasonings.  Turned out okay.  But I am really craving meat and bread.  Can't wait till I'm allowed a little.....



Not one of my better eating days.......there's always tomorrow!  Have a good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting! Comments are monitored.