Friday, June 11, 2010

Good so far!

Knowing that I need to photograph my meals is really helping me, because I find myself thinking twice about what I'm eating.

Bonus.

For breakfast, I was all about the Kashi cereal and diced peaches with FF milk.



Lunch was at a restaurant with my mom and kids.  Western egg white omelette with a side of grits.  No home fries, no potatoes.  That hurts, I gotta tell ya.  This, I didn't photograph.

But, for dinner I made an eggplant with beans and melted cheese.  I heated diced onion and garlic in a little bit of oil, added diced tomatoes and a couple teaspoons of tomato paste, and 1/4 cup of white wine.  Then I added some pinto beans and let it simmer for 15 minutes.  Sliced an eggplant in half, scooped out the seeds, and put the filling inside.  Topped with shredded cheese; baked at 350 for 45 minutes.  It was killer.  Except a little hard to eat, what with all the purple skin.  Some people eat it, I don't like to.  The eggplant wouldn't come away from the skin very easily.  But this would not deter me from making it again....my husband and I each had a half.



I almost don't miss meat that much.  But bread.  I still miss bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for commenting! Comments are monitored.